SafeBoda is partnering with Nyege Nyege 2022 to launch a quick and seamless boat transportation service for partygoers that will be part of the 4-day festival.
The service, dubbed ‘SafeBoat’ has been put in place to take revellers directly into the festival, with an iconic entrance next to the beach and main stage, while avoiding long drives.
Boats will be available for set-off at Kalagala Falls Cultural Center from Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th September for 24-hour transportation to and from the festival site.
Where and when are the boats available?
The boat set-off site is at Kalagala Falls Cultural Center in Kangulumira, Kayunga district. The boats will be available for 4 days, operating 24 hours a day.
Who can board on the boat?
Only customers with a valid Nyege Nyege ticket and a boat pass can board on the boat.
How do I get a boat pass?
You can get a boat pass by pre-booking through:
- The SafeBoda app on play or app store
- By paying through the Treepz portal via nyegenyegetreepz.com
How much are the boat tickets?
What is the form of payment?
You can pay through the following ways:
- VISA, Airtel Money, or MTN Mobile Money on the Treepz or Mookh portal
- Cash at the Kalagala Falls Cultural Center
How do I pay for SafeBoat service?
On the Treepz portal:
- Visit nyegenyegetreepz.com
- Enter your name, email address, and select a transport package via Kalagala
- Confirm and make the payment
On the Mookh portal:
- Visit bit.ly/safeboatnyegenyegetickets
- Select a ticket you wish to buy and add it to the cart
- Enter your name, email address, and select the payment method
- Complete the payment for confirmation
How many passes can I buy?
You can buy as many passes as you wish
How does the boat operate?
The service will operate with a capacity of up to 14 people per boat and will be available every 15 minutes. The trip between Kalagala falls and the festival site next to Itanda falls takes approximately 10 minutes.
Will I buy drinks at the boat waiting area?
Yes, drinks will be available at the boat waiting area at affordable prices.
How safe is the boat?
SafeBoda is providing a professional and safe service with registered motorized boats, mandatory life jacket wearing, and security support from the Marine Police.
Is there parking at the boat site?
Secure and guarded car parking will be available for UGX 10,000 per 24 hours. However, it is at the owner’s risk.